uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject unusual "build" issue
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2019 15:42:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm preparing releases for 2.10.4 and 3.0.3.  I'm now running with the latest
maven (3.6.1).

I've seen somewhat random failures of "rat" license checking, stemming from the
excludes configuration.

The "correct" way to code this in our environment where there are excludes
coming from

  - the uima-wide pom
  - the <project's> parent-pom
  - the project's pom (maybe)

is to have the <excludes> written as:
<excludes combine.children="append">

It usually worked without this, but has been failing somewhat randomly now.  For
instance, I was redoing the release for 3.0.3, and the first build worked fine,
but the 2nd (release:perform) failed at the very end on the rat check.

I've updated the poms for uimaj for this; just posting in case other people
update to Maven 3.6.1 (not sure that's required) and start to see occasional rat
failures...

Cheers. -Marshall