uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setting up Eclipse to work with Git properly
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2019 21:06:23 GMT
On 2. Oct 2019, at 23:03, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> I think this behavior could be turned off by a Eclipse preferences setting:
> Window -> Preferences -> Team -> Git -> Projects and uncheck "Automatically
> ignore derived resources by adding them to .gitignore.

In my Eclipse, this option is turned on, yet I don't observe Eclipse adding
.gitignore files to every project if there is already a proper .gitignore
in the root. I import projects into Eclipse by first checking out with a
separate client (Sourcetree) and then doing an "Import existing Maven projects"
in Eclipse.

-- Richard