uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: working in git on 2 branches
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2019 13:50:18 GMT
On 21. Oct 2019, at 15:47, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> The merge with -s own is a great trick!  I tried it, and it does what I want, e.g.
> remembers the state of things, so that a future merge just considers deltas from
> that point :-)

Useful hint: when creating a release (with maven) of a maintenance branch, make sure it
is merged to master prior to the release, then after the release merge with `-s own`
to ensure the version updates to the POM do not propagate to master.

Until I discovered "-s ours" the release process had been giving me some serious headaches
:)

-- Richard