uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: naming of github "tags" - need to include /rel/ it seems...
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2019 21:36:36 GMT
On 29. Oct 2019, at 22:04, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:

>> Meanwhile, none of our previous releases that came over from SVN were named this
>> way, so they're not protected, but perhaps that's not too important, because
>> they're in SVN in read-only status.
>
> I don't think it would hurt if we renamed these tags.

Well, there is one issue - but I don't think it is of much practical relevance:

During the Maven release process, a "<tag>" element is added to "<scm>" section
of the POM. This points to the tag that is created by Maven during the release.
If we rename the tag after the release, the element points to a non-existing tag.

The Hadoop project (per your pointer) doesn't seem to use the Maven release plugin
and their POMs don't seem to include an SCM section.

Do you think it is a problem if the "<tag>" element misses the "rel/" due to a tag
renaming after the release?

Cheers,

-- Richard