uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: how to configure maven scm connection for git
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2019 21:39:04 GMT
Also, how does the <developerConnection...> spec, which has a segment
"git@github.com", figure out how to send the proper credentials to github.com
(that is, your particular credentials), so a write operation can be authenticated?

Also, I thought that the git:// protocol didn't work if you're using 2 factor
authentication - that you needed to use a personal access token.  (from this page:
https://help.github.com/en/github/authenticating-to-github/creating-a-personal-access-token-for-the-command-line

where it says "

A personal access token is required to authenticate to GitHub in the following
situations:

  * When you're using two-factor authentication
    <https://help.github.com/en/articles/about-two-factor-authentication>

-Marshall