uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 2.8.1 RC1
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2020 20:26:30 GMT
Hi,

I tried also importing the Example project, and then doing an eclipse Run on the
Main script.

It ran in java 8, and got that famous error in Java 13:

java.lang.LayerInstantiationException: Package jdk.internal.jrtfs in both module
java.base and module jrt.fs

This was a completely reproducable fault.

A sort-of-work-around that worked for me was to change the command line to
exclude a mystery parameter for the java command line which I couldn't find
documented:  "-p C:\p\j\oracle13.0.2\lib\jrt-fs.jar".  Here's how I did it.

Run the main, get the error.  Then go to Eclipse debug perspective, right- click
on the bottom terminated...  and pick properties, and copy the command line.
Put into an editor, e.g. Windows "Notepad",
change the top bit from:

C:\p\j\oracle13.0.2\bin\javaw.exe -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -p
C:\p\j\oracle13.0.2\lib\jrt-fs.jar -classpath

C:\p\j\oracle13.0.2\bin\java.exe -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath ...

(in other words, the key is to remove the "-p C:\p\j\oracle13.0.2\lib\jrt-fs.jar)

>From what I read, this may be due to a conflict between the eclipse plugins
being compiled with Java 8, and their use being in Java 13 environment.

-Marshall