velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <...@xyris.com>
Subject RE: Want to get going !!!
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:56:44 GMT
Resending this - I sent a response earlier this morning, but it didn't seem
to make it - I checked on www.mail-archive.com, and it didn't get there
either...

 From: Vermeulen Vermeulen [mailto:VVermeulen@OLDMUTUAL.com]

> The command being used for executing : java -cp
> .;../bin/velocity-0.72.jar
> Example example.vm  > output
>
> In the output file java.lang.NullPointerException are displayed.
> The example.vm file are in the same directory from where I
> issue the above
> command ?
>
> any ideas ?

 Yes, and our apologies in advance.

 The examples were not kept up to date with the Velocity syntax. The
problem is that the #set() directive has an updated syntax and the  template
was out of sync.

 This was all fixed yesterday - all the examples were reorganized and
reviewed, so all should be well now.

So if you get a new nightly snapshot, or  re-fetch from CVS, all will be
fine.

 All you will have to do is

 1) get a new CVS tree
 2) run build-velocity.bat examples   in the build directory (I think you
are a windows user...)
 3) go play with the examples.

 Again, our apologies, and thanks for using Velocity :)

 geir