velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Features are complete?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 17:20:29 GMT
Christoph:

>Geir, could you pelase post the code of your #eval directive, maybe to the whiteboard?
Thanks.

I thought it became clear from our discussion that an #eval() directive
wasn't what he needs...

I will try to get my Velocity() app utility class up to the whiteboard
today, now that I seemed to have the vel-list email solved...

>Thomas, you can use this code to create your own directive that does
>that then. OK, stop here..., I see you want to do this from the java
>code... either:
>a. just get a SimpleNode via Runtime.parse(inputStream, name), then
>       init(ica, null) it and finally render(ica, writer) it;
> b. implement your own Resource - see Template.java on how to.
>c. if you want resource cachning implement a ResourceLoader.
>Probably the best (if a. is not sufficient) is to subclass Template
>and provide your own ResourceLoader for it.

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity