velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: AW: Features are complete ?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 19:33:41 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 2/1/01 9:44 AM, "Thomas Fahrmeyer" <thomas.fahrmeyer@einsurance.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I'm confused too ;))
> >
> > I got the nightly build (02/01/01) and can't find any
> > InputStreamTemplateLoader ;(
> >
> > It sounds as if that is what I want to have. I build something similar by
> > myself.
> >
> > bye
> > Thomas
>
> Exactly. I'm saying to you that that is the right way to implement such
> functionality. I'm not saying that it already exists.

I'm not sure about this, y'all.  I think that as it's an application
type of thing that seems to be needed, then an application API type of
solution would be good.  What I mean by this is that he doesn't need any
of the 'infrastructure' to do this.

I am testing now an eval() function in the Velocity helper class not to
be used in a template, but in the Java code w/o any real difficulty.

it's   public boolean evaluate( Context, Writer, String)
or     public boolean evaluate( Context, Writer, InputStream)

If I can remember to import correctly, I will have this in the
whiteboard in the next few minutes...

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity