velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Reck <Christoph.R...@dlr.de>
Subject Re: AW: AW: introspection 'enhancement'
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:26:20 GMT
Thomas Fahrmeyer wrote:

> I looked in the Bean 1.01 spec for the naming conventions of accessor
> methods.
>
> You are right Geir. It is not defined to write "getMethod" but it's
> explicitly described in the accessor design pattern chapter of the spec.

The capitalization *is* explicetely stated (as the inverse when
going from a method- or listener name to the property name). See
section "8.8 Capitalization of inferred names" of the Bean 1.01
spec. It also states: "the name will, by default, begin with a
capital letter."

Inverting this rule makes the uppercasing the first letter to
define the setter method conform with the spec.

:) Christoph