velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Nesting in Velocity
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2001 04:46:31 GMT
Don Laursen wrote:

> Can this be added to the Velocity docs?
>
> I suggest to append to the "Logical Operators" section:
>
> Testing equivelance of Velocity variables:
>
>          #set ($foo = "some value")
>          #set ($bar = "some other value")
>
>            #if ($foo == $bar)
>             do something here if they equate
>          #else
>             do something here is they are not the same
>          #end

I went and checked.  Yes, I think you are right :)  I am sure John
Castura, Minister of Information, will get this in there.

> Nesting Loops:
> (not sure how deep you can go)

What do you mean 'how deep'?  I can't imagine that there is a limit
until you run out of RAM or something...
Give it a whirl and let us know :)

geir

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity