velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Velocity vs FreeMarker vs Struts vs WebWork
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:40:00 GMT
Randall Parker wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:26:09 -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
>
> >Nope. Velocity was not modified to support Pull.
>
> http://java.apache.org/turbine/pullmodel.html
> Excerpt:
> So, beginning with Scarab, we are going to try another model which I
> will describe as the "Pull MVC Model". What this entails is the
> ability to create an object that is able to "pull" the required
> information out at execution time within the template.

And that would be just another object stuffed into the context for
access from the template.

The template author still has to know about and use to the tool to
access the data needed for that page/screen/form.

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity