velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Randall G. Alley" <iris...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Velocity vs FreeMarker vs Struts vs WebWork
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:29:40 GMT
I think Randall has Velocity confused with Turbine. Changes ARE  being made to Turbine to implement
Pull.

Randall Parker wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Your article at that URL made it sound like you were making a big change to Velocity
to support pull MVC. I want to know whether you think that the details of that change are
fully reflected in the current
> doc. I want to compare that version of Velocity to other possible tools. In order to
do that I'd like to know that the doc that I'm reading isn't missing anything important that
is being put in as a result of the
> change that you discuss in that article.
>
> I've seen from your postings in Tomcat Dev as well that you speak of Velocity more as
being in the process of becoming something much better as if perhaps some key elements of
that change aren't there
> yet. So, again, I want to compare this pull MVC version of Velocity to the alternatives.
But if there are key elements of that version that are not present in the doc then trying
to do that comparison now