velocity-user mailing list archives

From Rafal Krzewski <Rafal.Krzew...@e-point.pl>
Subject Re: Velocity and wrong file name
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:46:48 GMT
"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

> I guess if that was the case (lots of Velocity-specific exceptions
> possible) , it can be handled down there in the TurbineVelocityService,
> and just map to whatever set of exceptions turbine may use internally.
> It's not clear that Turbine has this kind of support in that the
> 'template engine agnostic' model may be a figment of my fevered
> imagination.

I don't see anything wrong with catching the bunch of Velocity specific
exceptions in VelocityService and mapping them to what ever higher-level
behaviour is desired. Right now the policy is (or at least I think it
is) wrapping the exception into a TurbineException and passing it to the
application (Screen/Layout class etc). If the application doesn't handle
it, catch-all code at the end main Turbine service method will grab it
and try to display a '500' page.

You havbe my non-commiter +1 to fine grained exceptions in Velocity

Rafal

--
Rafal Krzewski
Senior Internet Developer