velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Macro Loading
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:04:29 GMT
Steve Ruby wrote:

> I'm using macros via a parse file.
>
> If find that when velocity first loads I'm not getting
> the value of the macros as expected...  This doesn't
> appear to be the case with macros that are in the calling page.
>
> Once I reload the page everything is fine...
>
> Am I doing someting wrong or is this the nature of the
> way the pages are being loaded?
>
> (I'm using velocity via turbine BTW).

It's a problem -> because the #parse() isn't 'executed' until when the
tempalate is rendered, and when the template is being parsed, the VMs
defined in the soon-to-be-parsed file haven't been registered.

Only solutions I can offer right now is to preload via the library
feature, or just deal with it.

'Lazy' or 'just-in-time' VM stuff is 'on the list'.

geir