velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shaun Campbell <Shaun.Campb...@entranet.co.uk>
Subject RE: How to link to non Velocity pages?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:44:24 GMT
Apologies if this appears twice but it didn't appear to send the first time.
:)

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Campbell
Sent: 05 February 2001 10:19
To: 'velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: How to link to non Velocity pages?

I am trying to use Velocity to generate a framework or a portal to access
Velocity and other pre-existing web sites.  I have a drop down list box in
the header to allow the user to select the app.  Also, there will be the
standard options for home, logon and logout etc.

The Velocity apps aren't so bad because we have put them all under one
webapp and given each app a separate sub directory. This means that all the
Velocity apps can now use the same layouts and navigation etc. If the we
change the layouts then it changes for all the apps. I don't know if there
is a better way to do this.  I am a bit concerned about all developers
working on the same webapp to develop their own screens.

The problem is with accessing pre-existing web sites.  In this case if I
link to this site from within Velocity all the layout and navigation is
lost.  I can't guide the user back to the home page, login or logout or
anything else I want them to be able to do.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Shaun Campbell