velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Velocity vs FreeMarker vs Struts vs WebWork
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:26:09 GMT
on 2/17/01 9:27 AM, "Randall Parker" <randall@nls.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:22:11 -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
>
>> Debating other solutions here in this forum is just not worth it.
>
> I'm just looking for comparison info.

Not our job.

> You worked on some project called scarab

scarab.tigris.org

> that inspired (if I understand
> correctly) a major change in the architecture and feature set of Velocity.

Nope. Velocity was not modified to support Pull.

<http://java.apache.org/turbine/pullmodel.html>

> Basically, I'm wondering if the documentation now fully describes the feature
> set that Velocity will have once it is fully pull-MVC. Can I compare Velocity
> to, say, WebWork using Velocity's doc and be
> looking at an accurate representation of the next version?

Still not making any sense to me. I just read Geir's response to you and I
really don't have anything else to add to what he said.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>