velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Fahrmeyer" <thomas.fahrme...@einsurance.de>
Subject Features are complete ?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 08:56:27 GMT
I think there is one feature that is very nice to have.

I discussed this with Geir few days ago under the thread:
	Re: AW: How can I compile and insert a external text ??

I should be able to parse the template stuff from any InputStream and the
result should be the parsed and expanded template.

String text = UtilityClass.parse(inputstream);

It does all the merging stuff. The parser has the functionality, but it's
not very well exposed. This not complicated, but usefull if I store the
templates in a database for example or it comes from other external
applications.

What do you think ?

bye
Thomas