velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@periapt.com>
Subject Re: Why have the caching stuff been removed ?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:50:33 GMT

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Thomas Fahrmeyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the GlobalCache and I find it very usefull. Should I extract the
> caching stuff and put it into my own source tree ?

You were using it as a general utility? It wasn't being used
in velocity anywhere. The code is still in the attic, and that
code was borrowed from Turbine where it is in use. You can
grab it from there if you want to use it.

There are probably several cache impl lying around the
Jakarta code base as well. There's a discussion as to how
all these impls maybe aggregated so there's one great
impl but this will probably take a while :-)

jvz.