velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Cannot find template messages
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:22:09 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:

> The FileResourceLoader.java writes an error message to the log file when
> it cannot find the template and includes the name of the template in the
> message. This all works fine but could we change lines 174 and 175 in
> that file to be:
>
> String msg = "FileResourceLoader Error: cannot find resource " +
>             path + template;
>
> so that people get informed straight away where is the file being pulled
> from (ie. print out the path as well). It will save a hassle or two to
> someone that doesn't read mailing list thoroughly, like me ;-)
>
> Bojan

I take that 'yep' back...

It is saying that it can't find the template in *any* of the
directories, so 'path' doesn't mean anything at that point.

And it would be pretty yecchy to have it log for each path that it can't
find a template in - that's not something we should clog the log
with...  because then, for a multipath setup, it will blather to the log
for the other paths that it failed finding in, if the template is in the
last path..

am I missing something?

geir

--