velocity-user mailing list archives

From Magnus ?or Torfason <mag...@handtolvur.is>
Subject RE: API nitpick - no VelocityException
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:33:32 GMT

> "Kyle F. Downey" wrote:
> >
> > Is there a reason none of the org.apache.velocity.exception classes
> > inherit from a common base class? Most systems I work with do this so
> > you can catch any error related to that subsystem with one block
> > without resorting to catching all Exceptions.
>
> Cuz I didn't think of it :)
>
> Good idea.  Will put in there tomorrow post release of release candidate
> 2 / beta 2.

OK, Geir, now I understand your concerns about velocity just throwing
Exceptions of the correct type, some time ago.  I thought there was a
VelocityException that everything inherited from.

You might want to consider copying Rafal's TurbineException.  It allows
you to encapsulate other exceptions inside the new one.  You get the
full stack trace for all the exceptions, neatly concatenated, and
no duplicate text. It is totally awesome.

Magnus