velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Kelvin Tan" <kel...@relevanz.com>
Subject Incorrectly formatted templates
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 08:58:18 GMT
I've found it somewhat odd that if I don't format my Velocity templates
correctly in the case of servlets (omitting a #end or using #if(dfdf)
instead of #if($dfdf)), the error returned is

VelocityServlet : Error processing the template
java.lang.Exception: handleRequest(Context) returned null - no template
selected!
java.lang.Exception: handleRequest(Context) returned null - no template
selected! at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.handleRequest(VelocityServlet.ja
va:561) at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.doRequest(VelocityServlet.java:3
33) at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.doGet(VelocityServlet.java:294)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405) at
org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287) at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372) at
7) at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
at
onnectionHandler.java:213) at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Now, is this supposed to be the way it is, or am I not setting something up
correctly.

If this is the way it is, I must say the error message is not exactly very
helpful, since it was more a problem with my template, rather than that "no
template (had been) selected".

Thanks.