velocity-user mailing list archives

From Tavis Rudd <ta...@calrudd.com>
Subject thank you from the Cheetah team
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:08:12 GMT
Cheetah is a Python-powered template engine and code
generator. The Velocity project provided inspiration and
design ideas. Cheetah has benefitted from the creativity
and energy of Velocity's developers. Thank you.

Cheetah was designed for internet development and provides
integration with Webware (webware.sourceforge.net).
Together with Webware, Cheetah is a compelling alternative
to ASP, JSP, PHP and PSP for building dynamic web sites.
Cheetah can also be used without Webware and is not limited
to HTML.

Last month, we shifted the development discussions to
cheetahtemplate-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net and created
http://www.CheetahTemplate.org.  Cheetah has matured a lot
since then.

Version 0.9.7 was released today.  It includes fixes for
almost all outstanding bugs,  a beefed-up regression test
suite, and an updated, but still incomplete, Users' Guide.

Cheetah is Open Source Software. Tavis Rudd (me), Mike Orr,
Chuck Esterbrook, Ian Bicking and Tom Schwaller are the
core developers. We welcome contributions and suggestions.
We also welcome any general discussion about Python-based
templates on the cheetahtemplate-discuss e-mail list.  You
can subscribe and view the archives at: