velocity-user mailing list archives

From piero de salvia <pie...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: singleton Velocity engine
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 20:48:50 GMT
Hi Geir,

in reality I did investigate the subject and realized
I could do that, and I could also prepend/append a
string to every template request, indicating a
different "application".

reason why i don't want to do that is the apps are
really separate. my clients will go to the template
directory and do their templates directly (like with
dreamweaver etc.).
the other app is a content manager app that takes care
of content (I know how you guys are fond of MVC so I
MVC too). If Velocity is singleton, the second app's
templates will mix up with the customer's templates,
chances of namespace clashes and so on.

So I hopefully wait. what happens if I un-static
everything in source?

piero