velocity-user mailing list archives

From piero de salvia <pie...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: singleton Velocity engine
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 21:43:13 GMT
I can prepend, but...

the second app would have to be a self-contained one,
originally I thought of writing one of those monster
servlets, the ones with Apache's ECS.

so given one of my customer's websites, I would just
plop the content manager app in a jar under root, the
rendering app in a jar under root, and voila'.

customer gone? pack her templates  + her content, send
her a CD.

I know the answer is still "you can jar and prepend",
but I suppose it comes down to speed.

Also there is another issue. The velocity engine is
extra extra nice for loading other miscellaneous
stuff, like content, sensing when it changes, getting
it from jars, Anakia-ing it etc. The basis for a
content management system.

I would also like to contribute, but I am not sure
about my Java skills.