velocity-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel GIRARD <egir...@axemble.com>
Subject RE: [Velocity event]
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 12:29:41 GMT
When i say 'event', i mean 'doSomehting' method from an VelocityServlet
method is not cast and $keyname is null
context.put("keyname",object) code is in the VelocityServlet

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geirm@optonline.net]
Envoyé : mardi 3 juillet 2001 14:09
À : velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Re: [Velocity event]

Emmanuel GIRARD wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've a strange problem :
> I'm using velocity with jakarta-jetspeed and velocity actions don't run.
> this message is writging in velocity.log : [error] Context.put() : Context
> value was null! Key was: keyname
> Renderings are Ok but events not.

A few terminology questions :

when you say 'event', I assume you mean something like

$keyname

I ask because there is something we refer to as events, but they are a
little more advanced, and I want to be sure.

I don't know much about jetspeed (isn't that Turbine based?).  Do you
specifically add things to the context via something like

context.put("keyname", object );

?

geir

System and Software Consulting