velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: how to use custom velocity.properties
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 12:11:08 GMT
daljeetsingh wrote:

> Do i have to add this setting for the servlets that extend VelocityServlet?
>
> What I want to do is tell velocity to use a custom properties file for
> all the Velocity related class files.
>
> One other way is to extend the VelocityServlet in one of the classes,
> add this class to web.xml and extend this class further on.
>
> Would that be the right approach?

In order to use Velocity in the servlet environment, either your servlet
needs to extend VelocityServlet, or your servlet needs to do most of the
things that VelocityServlet does.

So it's easier to extend VelocityServlet.

Did you review the servlet_example2 and servlet_example2 in the examples
directory in the distribution?

geir

System and Software Consulting