velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: singleton Velocity engine
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 20:24:54 GMT
piero de salvia wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I was trying to set up two controller servlets under
> the same app (i.e. the same web-inf) and, because of
> that, they share the file loader resource path (not
> what I wanted). I understand that it would suffice to
> put them under two different web-inf, but since the
> site is hosted at an ISP, I, as many others, don't get
> the luxury of a separate context. It would be really
> convenient to have a non-singleton Velocity engine.

Yes - we know.  We have been talking about it a little as interest comes
up and down.  I was planning to take a few days soon and take a good run
at it.

I will note here that you do realize that your file loader resource path
can contain multiple directories, right?  While it wouldn't be the
optimal solution, you could always just have each controller prefix each
template name with a directory name?

geir

System and Software Consulting