velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: How to print the Velocity manuals
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:45:10 GMT
Wido Hillmann wrote:

> Here are two difficult to format passages from your excellent manual.
> I don't know how to format without breaking them.
> The results could be: they are harder to understand or just don't work
>
> Developer Guide the third anakia example:

>       The document title is
> $root.getChild("document").getChild("properties").getChild("title").getText()

You could always do something like

  #set($docprops = $root.getChild("document").getChild("properties") )
  #set($title = $docprops.getChild("title").getText() )
  $title

(or as small bits as you want...)

> Developer Guide Dual Loader Configuration:
>
> class.resource.loader.class =
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader
>
> Any suggestions, solutions or examples how to solve this?

I guess you can't break lines in a properties file... hm.

Maybe a small parenthetical aside noting the previous should be all on
one line - was broken for formatting reasons....

> Maybe it's necessary to have to different sources for the browseable and
> printable version.

No way. :)

geir

System and Software Consulting