velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: cache check interval
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:39:58 GMT
Jonathan Revusky wrote:

> David Esposito wrote:
> >
> > Just curious, is there any reason that
> > "file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval" doesn't have a constant
> > defined in RuntimeConstants like most of the other Velocity initialization
> > parameters?
> >
> > I just want to make sure it's OK to be hardcoding it into my servlet ..
> >
> > -Dave
>
> I think the reason is that it has a "natural" default, which is to
> always check.

Well, it's slightly more complicated than that.  The default is 2
seconds - the second is the unit for that configuration key, so defining
a constant didn't seem to make sense.

It will always check with caching off, or another way, this property
doesn't apply with

file.resource.loader.cache = false

(the default)

because the template is loaded on each request.

geir

System and Software Consulting