velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: cache check interval
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 19:02:19 GMT
David Esposito wrote:

> One other reason I wrote the original message was because it took me a while
> to figure out the reason why my templates were getting read from disk even
> with the caching turned on. I was using the API docs and the contants
> defined there to set up my Veloctiy Runtime by hand (rather than with a
> properties file) ... after reading the developer's guide on the website, it
> was a no-brainer, but the fact that the cache setting is a constant while
> the check interval is not was a bit confusing ..

Oh!  I stared at what you just wrote for a while before it parsed...

For the property/key itself : something like

 public static final String FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_MODCHECKINTERVAL =
        "file.resource.loader.modcheckinterval";

Yes - consider it there for completeness.  I will get it in today.  I
was thinking you wanted a constant representation for '2'

Actually, if we were clever, these would be constants defined by the
loader that they are specific to, not in general.  However, we bear the
burden of history :)

Going forward, we should try to push them that way.

geir