velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: How to print the Velocity manuals
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:57:18 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 7/10/01 9:37 AM, "Wido Hillmann" <wido.hillmann@epost.de> wrote:
>
> > The print layout stylesheet is ready except one important detail, the
> > vice versa links between the browsable and printable version.
>
> That is fine. I don't think I want to put the printable manuals online. It
> would be a large amount of disk space to do so. The Velocity site alone
> takes up 3.9 megs...if we do that for all of the Jakarta sites, that would
> be quite a bit of room on disk.

Actually, I think that the main manuals should be available online for
ease of use - because it lowers the barrier for new users.

I will be happy to integrate.

> > I dont know how to implement exactly the different versions.
> > I would suggest to append on each filename for the printable version
> > _print -> example_print.html. Now each html-file should contain a link
> > to the corresponding browseable or printable version. To reach that it
> > seemed necessary while I process a source.xml file to get the name of
> > the resulting view in order to derive the corresponding link from it.
>
> Process things twice. Have a Ant target for printable and another target for
> web documentation.

Just submit the vsl, and I'll make a target in the build script...  I
agree that having the two targets is how we should make it available in
the distro.

geir

System and Software Consulting