velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: ResultSetIterator
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:06:11 GMT
Krzysztof Ogrodnik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to velocity. Probably I have missed something but I don't know how to properly
insert
> ResultSet object to the velocity context. AFAIK it requires Iterator so I have created
a simple
> class ResultSetIterator that wraps ResultSet object. But why isn't such class available
in velocity
> already? I thing it's important to be able to easy insert ResultSet to the context.

Other people do different things.  I tend to not deal with result sets
directly, but preprocess the data into something else.  My result sets
tend to be small though.

So the answer is basically that people have different ways of doing it
(so no one solution is perfect) and further, this is more of an
application/ app framework issue and doesn't really belong in Velocity.

geir

System and Software Consulting