velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: velocity & jwaa
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 01:58:47 GMT
Will Glass-Husain wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Let me add to my suggestion list that the Geir's comment below be the
> default when you install Velocity.  It would save new users a lot of
> headaches, and still allow experienced users the freedom to do what they
> like.

The problem is that when you want to use velocity quick and dirty, as as
a command line app, you would have to then go through the motions of
figuring out current directory and pasting it on.  You will get it
either way.

I think the solution really is, as you suggested, to do a better job
documenting what is really the most common but potentially the most
complicated use - namely webapps.  And it will be done :0

> Geir:
> > Actually, you can do that if you set the template path for the loader to
> > be the 'root', or the 'C-drive', or whatever...  We don't stop you from
> > doing what you want...
>
> Best, WILL
>
> P.S.  Got my first non programmer (Info architect?) to write templates for
> my app this afternoon.  It's a real thrill!

cool!

System and Software Consulting