velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Standard library
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:44:29 GMT
Tal Dayan wrote:

> Is there a standard library for Velocity templates for common operations
> such as
> getting the current date, printing a string to stdout, string
> processing, etc ?

In velocity, they wouldn't be templates, but 'tools' to put into the
context.  We got a few submissions from users and I put them into the
Jakarta Commons sandbox, under the mysterious name 'Rupert'.  (I chose
rupert because we didn't have a name... :)

So thats a start - if you want to use them, grab them.  If you want to
start working on the project of organizing and developing more tools,
please do.  Take a look and give a shout back here or on the Jakarta
commons list.

geir

System and Software Consulting