velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: reporting bugs
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 13:19:30 GMT
Will Glass-Husain wrote:

> Geir,
>
> Thanks for the info and quick fix!
>
> Candidly, how dependable is the nightly build?  I've been using the latest release
> versions of Jakarta tools on the assumption that these will generally be more
> stable.  (after regression testing, etc).

Right at this moment, very dependable.  The change log is behind, but
not much - there have only been nips and tucks, nothing major, since 1.1

> Any advice on whether it's good practice to use nightly builds in my app or do a
> workaround and wait for the next release version?

Right now I would say the nightly is fine at this moment.  I have a
*huge* amount of changes to put in that will enable one to have multiple
Velocity runtimes at once, but will wait until I run the changes by
everyone.

So for now, its fine.

geir