velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Formating data with Velocity
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 13:21:21 GMT
One Way wrote:

> Is there a way to 'compile' a Velocity page (for the purpose of
> verifying it for errors) without loading the page in to the browser?

Actually, there is - and we can do something better.  There is a class
org.apache.velocity.test.misc.Test that takes as a command line
parameter the name of a template.  This is a catch-all proggie we use
for development, but it (or some evolution of it) should work well.
There is a script for unix in test/misc, so take a look at that.

geir

System and Software Consulting