velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: template encodings
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:50:31 GMT
Rian Schmidt wrote:

> OK, well, I'll speak up for the lurker community.  I really like Velocity.
> I am trying to integrate it into a new product, and so I subscribe to this
> mailing list so that I can read all the tips and information that pass
> through.  So, I read almost all of the traffic.
>
> As I'm sure you guys are aware, the last couple of days have been really
> voluminous and dumb.  Maybe when someone shows up to sell their own approach
> (without having done even the minimum of research as far as I could tell) or
> you get offended with someone's (reasonable or not) insistence that a
> "feature" is really a "bug," you could engage them in email if you feel the
> need?  Or just acknowledge or ignore the comment and drop it?

I assume this is aimed at me :)

Honestly, I am open to anyone selling their own approach - that is the
way that we all learn about new stuff and how this space grows and
develops.  What got my goat was how it was done, but I won't belabor it
(again) here.

Again, I would really enjoy a discussion about JAWA and any other
templating solution here in this forum if others would be tolerant of
the obvious off-topic nature.  Maybe I will do an OOB invitation to Brad
for that if no one minds.

The funny part of the feature/bug thing was that the thread had nothing
to do with it until the end...

> It's just a request; I'm going to continue to use Velocity in any case, but
> I'd like to be able to continue following the threads on the mailing list
> without wanting to slap someone on the back of the head.

:)

geir

System and Software Consulting