velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Revusky <jrevu...@terra.es>
Subject Re: Treatment of null variables in Velocity
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:58:09 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> The game we are playing is the one where we put a piece of software that we
> worked really hard on for many months out into a public forum for people to
> download, contribute to and use however the heck they want.
>
> Then, we end up supporting those people who like to tell us that we are
> arrogant, even though they don't bother to read the manuals that we
> provided.

Okay, so that's the game, huh? So how do you win?

Well, I guess you win when you've changed human nature.... when
everybody who downloads your code reads all your docs meticulously, and
when everybody is properly grateful.

Then, when you've achieved those goals...  you win!!!!

And then I'll buy you a package trip to Hawaii.

Cheers,

Jonathan Revusky
--
available for Java/Delphi/Internet consulting
If you want to...