velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: To Singleton, or not to Singlton, that is the question...
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:52:57 GMT
Dan Finkelstein wrote:

> Hi Geir,
>
> This morning I tried to integrate the new multiple engine feature into our
> system.  Unfortunately, I came to a stop because a bug that I reported to
> you earlier doesn't seem to have been fixed.

Please accept my apologies. (I feel like a dolt...)

I fixed it as soon as you noted it in the 1.1 branch thinking it would
be a 1.1.1 bugfix release.

However, I didn't do it to HEAD, which is where the multiple engine
feature lives.

I will fix now and commit to the whiteboard both src and a jar.

Sorry...

geir

> The bug was this:
>
>          The resource loader is unable to find #include files which
> Velocity 1.1 when running
>          with Velocity.evaluate(). It works ok if I were to use
> template.merge().
>          And it also works ok with Velocity 1.0.
>
> (see emails with subject "template load problem with evaluate()in Vel 1.1").
>
> Anyway, as you might imagine, I'm dying to try this out, but our system
> relies heavily on the Velocity.evaluate() method.  Help!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Dan

System and Software Consulting