velocity-user mailing list archives

From psaun...@comcen.com.au
Subject ATTN: Scott Eade. (WAS: caching templates)
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 01:57:27 GMT
Scott,
I think you were asking about how to get velocity
to reload macros without restarting, well, I've
been all the ways through this with Gier a few weeks ago
and it seems in addition to setting the TRProps
correctly, if you call #parse("yourlib.vm") before
using it, you will see any changes you have made
and saved while Turbine is running (I'm assuming Turbine,
though principle is same).

The docs say #parse() will render to the screen, but it
does not, (which suits me fine anyway), so just use
#parse() before using your function and you'll be fine. :)

Patrick.