velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: How to print the Velocity manuals
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:14:50 GMT
on 7/10/01 9:37 AM, "Wido Hillmann" <wido.hillmann@epost.de> wrote:

> The print layout stylesheet is ready except one important detail, the
> vice versa links between the browsable and printable version.

That is fine. I don't think I want to put the printable manuals online. It
would be a large amount of disk space to do so. The Velocity site alone
takes up 3.9 megs...if we do that for all of the Jakarta sites, that would
be quite a bit of room on disk.

> I dont know how to implement exactly the different versions.
> I would suggest to append on each filename for the printable version
> _print -> example_print.html. Now each html-file should contain a link
> to the corresponding browseable or printable version. To reach that it
> seemed necessary while I process a source.xml file to get the name of
> the resulting view in order to derive the corresponding link from it.

Process things twice. Have a Ant target for printable and another target for
web documentation.

-jon