velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Can I write a macro that can call itself?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:20:52 GMT
on 7/12/01 6:15 PM, "Brad Cox" <bcox@virtualschool.edu> wrote:

> Using JWAA as a Template Language

You are funny. You have got to be kidding me if you really think that
preprocessing your HTML files is something that a page designer is going to
want to do:

> Since the html and java code are combined at compile time, html designers must
> be trained to type make, and the servlet engine must be configured to reload
> the changed class files. Since errors are detected at compile time, html
> designers must be trained to handle compilation errors in their code.

Hello? How many Windows/MacOS9 web page designers do you know that have make
installed or even know how to use such a tool?

Even more humorous is the fact that you have invented yet another template
syntax and methodology that is not much better or even different from
several other solutions already commonly available. Hello, don't we have
enough already?

Brad, please don't use this forum as a cheap advertisement for your stuff.

-jon