velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Fahrmeyer" <thomas.fahrme...@einsurance.de>
Subject calling setProperty(float) not possible ?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:02:19 GMT
Hi,

I have an object called "person" with method "setIncome(float income)"
accessible within the template:
$person.setIncome(5000)

while merging the template Vel don't calls setIncome, because the 5000 is
interpreted as an int and a method with that signature doesnt exist. Okay,
but if I try
$person.setIncome(5000f)

to force to interpret the argument as float - Velocity comes up with an
error:
Wed Jul 11 16:53:54 GMT+02:00 2001  [error] Parser Exception: list.htm :
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.ParseException: Encountered "f" at line
35, column 31.
Was expecting one of:
    "," ...
    ")" ...
    <WHITESPACE> ...

	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.Parser.process(Parser.java:190)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:78)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.Runtime.parse(Runtime.java:620)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.process(Template.java:159)
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManager.getResource(ResourceMan
ager.java:336)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.Runtime.getTemplate(Runtime.java:667)
	at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.getTemplate(VelocityServlet.java
:489)
	at
de.einsurance.gui.framework.AbstractScreen.handleRequest(AbstractScreen.java
:171)
	at
de.einsurance.gui.framework.TemplateScreen.handleRequest(TemplateScreen.java
:52)
	at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.doRequest(VelocityServlet.java:3
26)

How can I handle methods needing floats, doubles or other datatypes as
arguments ?? I would not be easy to used Float or Double Objects (if that
would be the solution) ;( Here generated objects are used.

Thanx.
Thomas