velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tal Dayan" <...@zapta.com>
Subject RE: velocity & jwaa
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:27:57 GMT
As a naive user that just unzipped the Velocity distribution, I would expect
Velocity.getTemplate(String name ... ) to treat 'name' (also) as a
standard file path (both relative or absolute).

The template is in a file and a file path is a common notation to refer
to files in the OS.

This does not mean that Velocity should not support other template sources
or loaders
but it will be nice to have this as a default behavior in an out-of-the-box
configuration.

Also, if Velocity does not find a template, a detailed message where it
looked for it and a
hint how to configure the search domain will be helpful for newbies like us.

Tal