velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tal Dayan" <...@zapta.com>
Subject RE: Standard library
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 04:04:34 GMT

We just implemented few methods for text formatting, current time and date,
and
escaping of HTML code (e.g. change "a > 7" to "a &gt; 7"). Nothing really
significant.

How do you see this library from the template user's view point? Will
it be just a set of independent library objects $mylib.method1(),
$hislib.method2()
etc ? What about having a single staring point with some plug in mechanism
such
as $lib.mylib1.method1(), $lib.hislib.method2(), etc ?

Having some standard or a framework for the library will make it
easier to integrate contribution from multiple people.

Tal