velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: template encodings
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:28:03 GMT
> > Is JOE NEWBIE supposed to, at least, know some Java?
> >
> > You got your idea trough, but most people posting on this thread
> > just do NOT agree with your idea that programmers are not supposed
> > to read the documentation.
>
> The above is a grotesque distortion of what I was saying.

I explain, this is the ironic part:
  > Is JOE NEWBIE supposed to, at least, know some Java?

This is the point:
  > You got your idea trough, but most people posting on this thread
  > just do NOT agree with your idea that programmers are not supposed
  > to read the documentation.

And it is very hard to understand you (repeated) statements about the
issue in any other way.

> Also, at this stage, it is fairly clear to me that it is the other
> people in the thread who just can't let go.

Can you?

My point is:
  - we just do not agree and the majority does not have to follow a
    single person's opinion.

Should we all let go?

OTOH, you can modify the code the way you see fit for your own use.

I just miss the usefulness of blaming "everybody else" (another irony)
and the list's culture.

Have fun,
Paulo