velocity-user mailing list archives

From James Maes <jm...@sportingnews.com>
Subject OT: how to use velocity in a backend env
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 20:20:17 GMT

Hey all,
	I am going to ask this here to start with.  We are starting a new backend
project to replace out current templating engine.  This product will build
!30,000 pages a day from a group of ~200 templates.  We build out all pages
from the backend to a staging server and then publish those static file to
the live site.  I'm looking to Velocity for its ease of use as a templating
language for out developers.  The question that I have is how to use the
engine within our system.  Is it feasible to roll my own "sandbox" around the
Velocity engine and manage the Object creation myself or to look into
currently existing applications.  Is turbine applicable?  Is there something
else I should be looking at (as far a wrapper for this)?  Has anyone
implement a similar project and care to offer a word or two of advice.

At any rate any and all help is welcomed.

Thanks all

-james