velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nick Bauman" <n...@cortexity.com>
Subject Re: Connection Pooling
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:52:33 GMT
Database access is best abstracted through some kind of O/R mapping, which
usually has some kind of connection pooling. I wrote a simple O/R layer
which fits most of my needs that uses java.sql.DataSource - based
connection-pooling. It could be a bit more flexible than it is, but at that
point I will be looking at Torque / Turbine.

As a side note, people who write tools to iterate over a DB result set in
the Velocity page are sidestepping much of this issue entirely, which is
fine if your app is a toy, intended to be used by maybe you and one other
person only. ;)

--
Will America never be the same after September 11? I would phrase the
question differently. Will America again be so captured by fear as to cast a