velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: How can I get rid of !DOCTYPE HTML ... header generated by Velocity?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:14:39 GMT
On 10/4/01 6:56 AM, "Mircea Zahan" <mzahan@level7.ro> wrote:

> Ok, everybody, I was wrong, it is not the Velocity the one which generates the
> header.
>
> But, hey, no one was born with knowledge in the brain ... EXCEPT SOME.
>
> Anyway, I figured the problem, it is solved, but not thanx to your acid
> replies.
>
> "Thank you" and have lots of fun.

Hang on there.  I don't think you are being fair.

As I see it, the replies were trying to be helpful, for the most part.

You made the strong statement :

"Velocity generates the <!DOCTYPE HTML ....> header which tells IE
to conform to the 4.0 standard.

Is there any way I can convince Velocity not to generate it?"

And Bojan said, only 33 minutes later,

"Can you point to the code that does that?"

(Which I thought fair, as you stated that 'Velocity generates...')

You reply was something to the order of 'No, because I didn't write it, and
I won't modify it.'

Bojan then 'apologized' for being 'a bastard' (which wasn't the way I read
it) and then proceeded to give you a helpful reply.

So, think what you want, but remember that this is a volunteer group, and
you have all the source code, and you did get your question answered :)

geir

System and Software Consulting